About Late Night Texts and Goodnight Kisses




My boss calls early in the morning telling me to hurry up 'cause the day will be long and hectic. 

I expect nothing but exactly that. I have been up since 6am. I drink my coffee in a hurry, repeating the mantra "it'll be fine, It's only tuesday" over and over again. There is nothing to be scared about.



I leave the house and, as usual, run fast because I'm late. Take the ferry, sit down and open my book. I have been waiting for that last page for two whole days. I open it and stare at it, but my mind travels far. 

You know what I'm talking about. When you start reading something and you think of something else then you have to reread the whole goddamn thing again because you weren't really paying the appropriate attention to it.. Yeah. Exactly that.

The ferry shakes roughly and I stop daydreaming. All I can think of are late night texts and goodnight kisses. It's not my fault. Those were that good. I'm all smiles.




The bell rings and it's time to get up and leave the ferry. I'm one of those who usually hides in the crowd. I hate attention and being looked at makes me feel uncomfortable. Those are usually signs some stupid pigeon shit on me or my hair is certainly a mess. 

Among the crowd, I walk. The weather is not as bad as the tv guy forecasted. It's a mix of huge grey clouds and blue skies that makes me happy. The cold breeze turns my cheeks pink and I feel glad the winter has come. 

I avoid looks walking down the street, mostly because people usually look miserable when the weather changes around here. I honeslty dont get that. Just as much as they dont get why I'm smiling.

I arrive at work and as I walk up the stairs I realize I have no explaining to do. My smile is for me only. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm in love. Nothing can ruin today.




"And if you are in love then you are the lucky one"


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas