About Checking the Box



So...I bought the tickets.

I finally bought the tickets.

You might think it's no big deal.. Maybe for you and that's ok too. : )

But I just bought the tickets. I JUST BOUGHT THE TICKETS!

*can you read the excitement???*

I'm finally getting everything on tracks.

What I want and what I will do are certainly on the same page now.

And I feel like there is so much I wanna do and not so much time left.

It's the trip I have been wanting and wishing for the past 12 years and I can finally go for it.

30 days of freedom. 30 days of me, myself and I. 30 days of no work, no calls, no "you gotta be here by 8am on a saturday morning", no "but we gotta go there even tho you have to work in the morning!!" No, nope, niente, nothing like that! Call me weird, call me selfish, but it's me time. ME TIME.

And Im actually proud of myself for doing it so!

And I'll look up to the sky and send my grandma a kiss once I arrive in Portugal. I'll visit places and remember her in every corner of every street I walk by...

And I'll go on and see England, Ireland and Scotland and when I get to Hadrian's wall I will sit down and get my notepad. I'll rest against the wall and write these precious words "Can you see me here, my beautiful daughter? I made it! Like I told you I would! This is for us"

I will place a stone there ( if they let me ). With her name on it. So she knows she went places. So they know her as the walker, the wonderer, the traveler. Not as people know her now. The one that is gone.

I'll place a stone there ( if they let me ). With my name on it. So they know I went places. So they know me as the walker, the wonderer, the traveler. Not as people know me now. The one with a missing piece of a heart.

I'll remember my dad once I arrive in England and all the Agatha Christie's books he made me read. The places he told me he had visited while reading so many books and the places he still wants to visit.

I'll go to Ireland and I'll be stunned by the Cliffs of Moher. I'll sit down and watch the sunset and leave with a warm heart.

I'll go to Scotland and be amazed by the Highlands. And I'll think of every writer who once set a foot there and had the guts to write a line after. The families who lost loved ones during battles. The ones who stayed. The ones left behind. The ones who can still tell their stories so we remember.

I'll remember me. The me I was back in the days. The me I was before all the mess and complications.

The me before everything.. And I'll toast myself a drink cause I can still smile.

"I will."

And those are some powerful words, don't you agree ?


You were only waiting for this moment to arise

 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas